[Peeweelinux] Error loading file system to target compact flash card

Ashley Rolleston [email protected]
21 Aug 2003 15:44:47 +0100

Hi,

My flash card hardware arrived today but I'm having a problem. I'm using
the bootx project kindly supplied to me by Ken Emmons, Jr.

Results of the failure are as shown after trying to write to target
device as shown in pwlconfig. All goes ok until ...

************

Editing inittab...ok
Building ld.so.cache...ldconfig: Can't stat /lib: No such file or direc
ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/lib: No such file or directory
ldconfig: Can't open configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf: No such file o
/usr/X11R6/lib:                                                           ldconfig: Can't open directory /usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or director
ok                                                                        Unmounting loopback device...ok

************

then it carries on fine and creates the partitions on /dev/sda without
any other problem

the terminal output during creation is all ok until ...

************

Determining space on target device...  du:
`./projects/bootx/mnt/boot/bzImage-full': No such file or directory
                                                           [  ok  ]
Partition traget device /dev/sda...                        [  ok  ]
Creating ext2 filesystem...                                [  ok  ]
Mount the target device /dev/sda1...                       [  ok  ]
Copying ramdisk, kernel and boot.b...  cp: cannot stat
`./projects/bootx/mnt/boot/bzImage-full': No such file or directory
                                                           [  ok  ]
Creating lilo.conf in a temporary location...              [  ok  ]
Installing lilo bootloader...                              [failed]
Unmounting target device /dev/sda1...                      [  ok  ]

************

I searched the archives and found the following mail describing what
appears to be the same problem

http://mail.adis.on.ca/pipermail/peeweelinux/2002-February/000478.html

QUOTE FROM REPLY TO ABOVE MAIL
" Check to make sure that you have selected "etc/" under Project File
System --> System
Base --> file system, and also "etc/inittab" under initscripts.  You may
have selected another package (sysvinit, for example) that requires this
file. "

I have checked this, under these options it just says 'estimated total
from selected files 0' even when I choose 'select all files from
package'. I also tried just using minimal project (to /dev/sda/) , but
the same errors occur.

When I try and 'Extract File System for Project' it just gives me lots
of 'Not found in Archive' messages for all of the files.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong here ? Is there any other
information I can provide to aid the problem diagnosis ? Any help would
be appreciated :)

Thanks
--
Ashley Rolleston