[Peeweelinux] Error loading file system to target compact flash card

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:09:48 -0700 (PDT)

I don't have an answer, but as much as I have been studying (or is
that playing with?) the internals of PeeWeeLinux, maybe this could
help.

>Editing inittab...ok
>Building ld.so.cache...ldconfig: Can't stat /lib: No such file or direc
>ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/lib: No such file or directory

This won't necessarily break your system.  I get these a lot and
while it may be my fault, it hasn't hurt.    If there were a
problem it would show up after you booted and tried to run some
program that needed a particular library.

>************
>`./projects/bootx/mnt/boot/bzImage-full': No such file or directory

>`./projects/bootx/mnt/boot/bzImage-full': No such file or directory

PeeWeeLinux (PWL) is the Embedded_Build directory and everything
below.  There's a projects directory, and I see you made a project
called bootx.  All the stuff you do happens within the bootx
directory.  If you look in mnt (that's projects/bootx/mnt which
is different from /mnt) what you see there is a replica of
what is supposed to go onto your target.  If it's not there,
it won't be in your target either.

>>Check to make sure that you have selected "etc/" ...

>I have checked this, under these options it just says 'estimated total
>from selected files 0' even when I choose 'select all files from
>package'.

That's ok.  If you are selecting directories (and you do have
to sometimes, to ensure that the directories themselves get
created) the directories themselves don't take up any space.
So what you saw is right.

>When I try and 'Extract File System for Project' it just gives me lots
>of 'Not found in Archive' messages for all of the files.

This looks like the first error.  Meaning that you need to get this
fixed first.  This is the step that creates your target's file
tree on project/bootx/mnt

I wonder if you managed to be missing the packages?  I did this once.
Extracting them is supposed to happen automatically the first
time it PWL is run.  I think a few others have managed this stunt
as well.  Have a look in the Embedded_Build/packages directory
and see if you see directories corresponding to PWL choices (I
have about 24 of them).  In each of those directories you
should see pairs of files named .tar and .list
If you don't, that's the first step.

BTW, 'bzImage-full' is a kernel.  And Kernel is one of the packages.

Barry