[Peeweelinux] Extracting 2.2.17-13 kernel source error

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:38:00 -0700 (PDT)

>Myself and a few mates are in the process of
>developing a small embedded system using a PCM-3350
>GX1 PC/104 board with the OS to boot off compact
>flash.

MP3 player?  :-)

>I'm currently using RH 9 on a xp2200....on attempting to
>extract the supplied kernel source the following error

I don't know, but RedHat keeps "improving" things, and
rpm went from version 3 to version 4 in the interim.

>I've complied my own 2.4.20 kernel and had the PC/104
>booting successfully, however I would much prefer to
>use PWL...

The good news is that several folks have built a 2.4 kernel
for PeeWee, so you can have your kernel, and pwl, too.  The
mini howto can be found here:

http://mail.adis.on.ca/pipermail/peeweelinux/2002-June/000608.html

Now, since you already have a kernel, you could skip almost
all that, and just figure out where to put it so PeeWee will
make a system with it.   If you've built one of PeeWee's 2.2
you already have it.  I you haven't this might be the best
way to see how it is done.

I have notes on this...here it is...look in

Embedded_Build/packages/Kernel_Custom/

With that set up properly, you can pick your kernel right off
the menus!

Barry