[Peeweelinux] thttpd web server Q+A, net-pf-10

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:31:17 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, I did the research.

depmod and modprobe go together.  In fact, they share a common man
page.  It is depmod that will read and interpret modules.conf,
and it handles the alias lines itself, without the shell's help.

Here is a useful command I found:

   modprobe -c

It will dump to the screen everything that it knows about.  (This
seems to be more than /lib/modules/2.2.17/modules.dep   Maybe
it's in the kernel?)   This includes 'path', 'alias', 'option',
most of which is put there by default (maybe compiled in, don't
know).

Since I've still got thttpd in the title, here is another tip:
Pipe the output of some command to a file in the web server's
directory, and you can view or fetch it over the network  using
your web browser.  I do this because my target system doesn't
have less, or more, or telnet, or ftp...

Barry