experiences with PWL0.53.10 (some problems?)

Adi Linden [email protected]
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:15:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

It's solved!

> /dev/hdc is not mounted. I don't know what else to do. Particularly
> since the script rd_dialog works fine. I am utterly puzzled,
> particularly since nobody else seems to have that problem.

The problem with it is that pwlconfig defaults to relative paths. That is
the default settings for the mount directory is relative to the
Embedded_Build directory. Part of the checks done before running the
target load script is to see if anything is mounted on the proposed
loacation. If something is mounted subsequent mount commands on the same
point will fail if something else is mounted.

I came across it once I mounted /mnt/cdrom. The ./mnt matches /mnt/cdrom
for some reason.

I am working on a fix. A temporary solution is to enter the complete path
to the mount pint in the 'Target Hardware Configuration' screen:

   Device Mount Point: "/root/Embedded_Build/mnt"

Make sure you match your actual path!

I will work on a more permanent and reliable fix tonight!

> The latest attempt to solve it was to reinstall from scratch 0.53-bin
> file, and then add on top the new patch for 0.53.14 (only). Same result.
> I even tried to update patch after patch (8,10,14), with same results.

The peeweelinux-*-cfg.tag.gz archives are not incremental. They basically
replace all the contents of scripts, bin and pwlconfig.

TTYL,
Adi