experiences with PWL0.53.10 (some problems?)

Dr Jaime V. Miro [email protected]
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:28:22 +0000

Hi Dean,

Dean Brown wrote:

> Adi Linden wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some answers...
> >
> > > I am experiencing the following with PWL0.53.10:
> > >
> > > a) when I tried to extract a file system to a CompactFlash IDE target
> > > device (/dev/hdc) from pwlconfig, I always get the following:
> > >
> > > "testing that nothing is mounted on mount directory" ...failed
>
> This happens to me if the device is mounted prior to loading the
> filesystem onto the CF device. Do a umount /dev/hdc first and the
> problem should go away.

/dev/hdc is not mounted. I don't know what else to do. Particularly since the script rd_dialog works fine. I am utterly puzzled, particularly since nobody else seems to have that problem.

The latest attempt to solve it was to reinstall from scratch 0.53-bin file, and then add on top the new patch for 0.53.14 (only). Same result. I even tried to update patch after patch (8,10,14), with same results.

> > Seeing that rd_dialog works, the actual script that loads the filesystem
> > is alright. What do you see when you go to
> >
> >     Configure Target Hardware -->
> >
> > Did pwlconfig ask you to create a new configuration file (it should have)
> > when you tried to load your target? All I can think of is that the path to
> > the temporary mount directory is not correct. It should say something
> > like:
> >
> >     Device Mount Point: "./mnt"
> >
> > > b) On another note, the minimal configuration example that comes with
> > > PWL0.53.10 tries to extract, as kernel,
> > > ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, which does not exist (at
> > > least not in the distro I have). Hence,, the system generated does not
> > > have a kernel. Furthermore, I have noticed that even If you select
> > > another kernel, project.conf always includes
> > > ./packages/Kernel/kernel-basic-2.2.17.list, hence the error is also
> > > generated, despite your selected kernel included okay (that happens
> > > whenever your project is based on "minimal". If you start your new
> > > project from the scratch, it does not happen).

I manually had to copy kernel-basic-2.2.17.tar to get minimal to work "off-the-shelf". It is missing from 0.53-bin file. That works now.

Regards,

Jaime

--
Dr Jaime V. Miro