signal catching in PeeWeeLinux

Dr Jaime V. Miro [email protected]
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 15:53:28 +0000

Hi Adi,

Adi Linden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you say it works fine on the development system, are you starting it
> from init on your redhat 6.1 system just as you do in PWL?

In PWL the response is the same, whether my code being started from init or from an interactive shell after loggin in. Hence, in the development system in RH6.1 I have not bother testing from init, since it works from a shell.  I believe it should work from the (PWL) shell first (as it does in RH6.1), and then I'll worry about starting from init (from all the mails that I got back as an answer to this problem, I believe I know how to work that out ... once the application works from the (PWL)
shell). One step at a time.

> The majority of changes between 0.51 and 0.53 are relating to the
> pwlconfig scripts. The kernel has been upgraded to 2.2.17 and some minor
> packages were added.

I was focused on getting my stuff working, and I don't think is the kernel, so I haven't updated yet. Also, there were quite a few buggy scripts reports that seem to be sorted now, so I will give it a shot soon.

> Do you have a sample application to 'play' with? Then I can see if I can
> recreate your problem...

Right now the application is kinda biggish (a few threads and shared areas of memo), so I'll try and get a cut down version with the problem. Any pointers welcome meanwhile.

Thanks

Jaime

--
Dr Jaime V. Miro