signal catching in PeeWeeLinux

Adi Linden [email protected]
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:05:45 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

> In PWL the response is the same, whether my code being started from init or from an interactive shell after loggin in. Hence, in the development system in RH6.1 I have not bother testing from init, since it works from a shell.  I believe it should work from the (PWL) shell first (as it does in RH6.1), and then I'll worry about starting from init (from all the mails that I got back as an answer to this problem, I believe I know how to work that out ... once the application works from the (PWL)
> shell). One step at a time.

So it should run from the shell just fine....

> I was focused on getting my stuff working, and I don't think is the kernel, so I haven't updated yet. Also, there were quite a few buggy scripts reports that seem to be sorted now, so I will give it a shot soon.

I just mentioned the changes, I don't think the differences between 0.51
and 0.53 relate to your problem.

> > Do you have a sample application to 'play' with? Then I can see if I can
> > recreate your problem...
>
> Right now the application is kinda biggish (a few threads and shared areas of memo), so I'll try and get a cut down version with the problem. Any pointers welcome meanwhile.

I am not sure how to approach this, since I haven't come across anything
showing this type of behaviour. As far as I can tell the PWL application
react as expected to signals (kill -HUP <inetd ID> causes the inet daemon
to reread it's configuration). If I CTRL-C an application it will quit.

You said it's compiled statically... So you shouldn't be missing any libs
on the PWL system.

TTYL,
Adi