busybox issue Was: peewee on floppy

Dean Brown [email protected]
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 08:16:55 -0800

Adi Linden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a patch for busybox to make mount more compatible. But I haven't
> applied it yet to the busybox package.
>
> Busybox includes a shell now. It seems to be severly limited but is quite
> ideal for simple things like an initrd. For an embedded system I would
> install the 'real' ash shell and use the busybox shell.

I assume you meant _not_ use the busybox shell!! That is what I am
currently doing.

> I am trying to tune busybox and tinylogin for PeeWeeLinux sometime soon. I
> am also thinking about creating a busybox centric initscripts package
> (placed under minial). No promises when this happens.

Part of the problem with that is some of the initscripts are generated
by the pwl scripts. Most of my recent changes the system I am working on
has been accomplished by hacking the pwl scripts. Most of the changes
are not very elegant, but they get the job done. When I get some time,
I'd be happy to share what I've done and why. That isn't likely to
happen before the holidays though.

> If anyone has a working basic PeeWeeLinux busybox system and would like to
> share the files it would make this task much easier :)

I am using busybox for most everything except mount and (la)sh.

--
Dean Brown