[Peeweelinux] Project: Linux powered picture frame. PWL a good match?

Brian Andrus [email protected]
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:19:58 -0800

Yes. But.. There can be issues if the hardware is not the same. I happen to
be making a few of my devices and used one to set it up, so the hardware is
the same for all of them.

dd for some reason did not work for me with the CF. I have in the past used
it with HDs.

So long as you have all the right drivers on the CF, you should be fine tho.
I would say, install RH9 onto a HD in the laptop, strip it down, then put it
on the CF in the laptop and remove the HD.

All The Best,

Brian Andrus
Millenia Internet Services, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Chris Roger
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 9:09 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Peeweelinux] Project: Linux powered picture frame. PWL a good
match?

Could this be done on 2 different computers?
ie, install RH on a HD from CDs, strip it down, then copy everything to a CF
card (dd?).
A second computer (no CD or HD) will boot off of the CF.

...I guess that is the way PWL does it... build a directory structure with
the stripped-down OS in it and load that onto the CF.

-Chris Roger