[Peeweelinux] (no subject)

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:31:31 -0700 (PDT)

>I might be missing something here, but if your root system is not mounted
>as read-only (not "ro" in lilo parameters, in /etc/lilo.conf)), then any
modifications
>on your flash should remain there. Mounting as "rw" should make / non-volatile.
>
>Jaime

What you're missing is that some (or all?) of the configurations create
a ramdisk, copy the file system to that and then run from RAM.  So
the changes aren't being made to the disk.  Also some of the
configurations create a compressed image that is uncompressed at
boot time, so writing to the disk, even if you mount it, is not
as simple as it looks.

On my system, peewee creates two partitions and one unused one, so I
mke2fs a file system on the unused partition and mount that after
booting, to have something permanent to read and write.

Barry