[Peeweelinux] Re: RH8, plus no lilo.conf?

Scott MacKay [email protected]
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 04:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hiyas,
    Well, after upgrading all the packages to ones
from the RH8 CD, I believe my problem with loading
them was that the distributed rpm does not work with
em.  Changing it to use the /bin/rpm extracted all the
package info properly.

On a different note, I am building the 'ro + multiple
ramdisk' option and seem to have a problem.  It all
pulls the ramdisks and the filesystem properly (onto a
IDEish flash card), but dies during boot.  It says I
need to specify an 'init='.  I mounted up the
ramdisk.etc from boot and noticed there was no
lilo.conf in that ramdisk.  Should there be a
lilo.conf there auto-generated?  I tried adding one to
my base 'mnt/' image and it showed up in the ramdisk
after rebuilding, but it still would not boot.  Seems
to uncompress and mount the filesystems OK, though.
Any thoughts?

-Scott