[Peeweelinux] Error loading file system to target compactflash card

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:51:58 -0700 (PDT)

>I am using Red Hat 9.0, and possibly the reason it will not extract is
>due to factors such as incorrect permissions etc.

Good idea but I wouldn't expect root to have any problems with
permissions.  You do have to run it as root.  I tried getting
around that requirment and guess what it got me--no packages! :-)

>All the extracted .rpm files that are created in the
>Embedded_Build/packages directory when I first run pwlconfig are 10 k
>(and empty...), and all the .list files are 0 k.

You gave me an idea, and I tried it, and it worked.  Wipe out
the packages directory.  (Or rename it if you are shy).  Make
sure the packages directory does not exist.  When you run
pwlconfig, you will get the "extract packages" prompt again.

Hopefully RH9 rpm isn't broken (but it's only a hope)

The rpm's that are to be extracted are in
Embedded_Build/src/RPMS/i386
and they should have come straight from the PeeWeeLinux install.

Barry