[Peeweelinux] Error loading file system to target compactflash card

Ashley Rolleston [email protected]
25 Aug 2003 17:27:10 +0100

> >All the extracted .rpm files that are created in the
> >Embedded_Build/packages directory when I first run pwlconfig are 10 k
> >(and empty...), and all the .list files are 0 k.

Thanks Barry,

Well I ran the ./pwlconfig on a colleagues machine and it created the
packages directory with correctly sized files. I copied that packages
back to my development machine, and VOILA, now its all working :)

Who knows what caused the auto-extraction to fail on my machine (maybe
something RH9 related?), but at least I am over this stumbling block.

The compact flash I have is now bootable on my target hardware despite
one small error message I did get during extracting the files described
as follows...

*************

ncurses.tar            bootx/ncurses.list
tar: usr/bin/clear: Could not create file: File exists

*************

QUOTE : Ncurses (new curses) ... It is a library of functions that
manage an application's display on character-cell terminals.

My system boots fine as mentioned before, but I am having a little
problem getting into X windows (is it related to the ncurses problem?)

It tries and fails to get into X windows 'Cannot Open Mouse (no such
device)' despite XF86Config showing protocol ps/2 and /dev/psaux. There
are no interrupt conflicts and mouse is detected fine in the bios so it
has me a little stuck. Any ideas ?

Getting there, deadline is approaching *gulp*!
--
Ashley Rolleston
aka Onyx^