[Peeweelinux] Peewee for rtai linux on flash disk?

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:58:44 -0400

Hello,

I have done just this.

With Peewee you just put your RTAI kernel in /boot and your modules in /lib in the custom folder of your proect. They get copied over the stock peewee kernel during the build.

The only other hitch is that I had to use insmod from my debian system since the one that came with peewee doesn't seem to find the modules automatically. If you can live with typing in full paths to the modules it isnt a big deal though. There may be other ways around this, I am not sure.

~Ken

>>> "Massimo Rossi" <[email protected]> 04/15 5:18 AM >>>
Hi everybody,
I developed an embedded real time application under linux kernel 2.4.18 patched with rtai 24.1.11. My goal is now to put a reduced version of the system in a flash disk, for the final version of the embedded system.
I'd really appreciate any help on using peeweelinux to obtain that. Does exist any documentation beside the one distributed with peeweelinux?
If anyone has already faced with similar problem, could give me some advice on the size needed for the flash disk?

Thank you

Massimo Rossi