[Peeweelinux] Network Problems

John Maddox [email protected]
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:38:04 -0400

Stefan,

<Most likely, your system is not loading the driver module for your network
card. PWL will not do this <automatically as a normal linux system will. To
test, just execute the command insmod <yournicmodule>

When you use insmod, what do you put in place for <yournicmodule>

Is it the *.o file located under
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/driver/net/8139too.o
I guess this is my nick module because under the modules.conf file
it has an alias eth0 8139too

BUT, I tried typing in insmod 8139too after booting into my peewee build
but I got errors stating that I have unresolved symbols.

Where do I go from here??

And why do I need to do a insmod if I built the drivers straight into the
kernel,
instead of putting an M I did a *

Thanks
John Maddox