[Peeweelinux] Network Problems

Stefan Willmert [email protected]
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:50:29 -0500

You would enter the command
	insmod 8139too
to load your network driver. If you are receiving errors regarding
unresolved symbols, then your driver is searching for another library or
driver that it can't find.

If you do an
	nm 8139too.o
command, you should be able to determine what symbols are unresolved. It
could be the way your driver is compiled, whether its static compiled or
dynamic.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of John Maddox
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 12:38 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [Peeweelinux] Network Problems

Stefan,

<Most likely, your system is not loading the driver module for your network
card. PWL will not do this <automatically as a normal linux system will. To
test, just execute the command insmod <yournicmodule>

When you use insmod, what do you put in place for <yournicmodule>

Is it the *.o file located under
/lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/driver/net/8139too.o
I guess this is my nick module because under the modules.conf file
it has an alias eth0 8139too

BUT, I tried typing in insmod 8139too after booting into my peewee build
but I got errors stating that I have unresolved symbols.

Where do I go from here??

And why do I need to do a insmod if I built the drivers straight into the
kernel,
instead of putting an M I did a *

Thanks
John Maddox