[Peeweelinux] adduser

Mark Meade [email protected]
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:55:29 -0500

Guillaume PREVOST wrote:

> Does a way exist to add a new user in a minimal Peewee ?

I wasn't able to find "useradd" or "adduser" anywhere in Peewee.  I would think that it
wouldn't be necessary in most embedded systems to add users; maybe this is why it's not
included.

I suppose you could grab the useradd program from a RH6.2 box, and include it in your
custom files.  It is about 50k in size, so it might fit on your minimal target.

The other option would be to manually modify relevant user files (/etc/passwd, /etc/group,
...), and include these as custom files.

Mark