[Peeweelinux] edit fstab doesn't 'stick'

jim barchuk [email protected]
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:32:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi All!

I've edited /etc/ hosts, inetd.conf, issue, resolv.conf, services, and
ifcfg-eth0 and network in ~/config. They all 'stick' *except* fstab.
Meaning create the boot disk, boot, and check everything out. The other
edits are there but the fstab edits are not. Very weird.

I noticed that some files in that tree such as fstab are not listed in
packages/Network_Base/networkscripts.list. Don't know if it should be but
it makes some sense. I added it but that had no effect.

Do I need to 'extract file system?' I hope not because earlier on
(fortunately with many fewer edits, just trying it out,) it reversed my
edits. So I'd need to maintain the files I edit in a separate place and
then move them into the tree after extract but before load file system.

Any clues?

Tnx much. Have a :) day!

jb

--