[Peeweelinux] Re: Peewee on Rocky 328E

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:53:03 +0100

--0__=qn7wpSyBMiiUMYkXFEh4FiGxZijhFt5jVa3u6TBRPfmOAcXLEixT51fz

Great ! peewee runs on my embedded PC card :-)

Thank you very much for you help, Mark.

I've unsuccessfully tried with 500kB as Free space on ramdisk. Unsucces=
sfully
with 50kB.

Then I've successfully tried with "Read-write root on a single partitio=
n".

What is the consequence of this "Read-write root on a single partition"=
 option ?
My PC card will run slowly ?

Now, I will try to re-configure peewee for this specific card (Ethernet=
 ...).
Presently, it's only a copy of the "minimal" configuration.

Guillaume PREVOST

"Mark Meade" <[email protected]> on 05/03/2002 15:00:46

Veuillez r=E9pondre =E0 [email protected]

Pour :    [email protected]
cc :   (ccc : Guillaume Prevost/ALCATEL-SPACE)
Objet :   Re: [Peeweelinux] Re: Peewee on Rocky 328E

=

On Tue, 5 March 2002, Guillaume PREVOST wrote:

> Great ! Peewee ask me for a loggin and a password. But I do not know
> what to enter :-( Thus, I can not log on... (What is the default logon and
pwd)

root, redhat

> Ramdisk compressed image found at block 0
> VFS mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> Copying system file from /dev/hda2 to /dev/ram2 ...
>
> And then starts the nightmare : an endless loop of :
>
> VM : do_try_to_free_pages failed for linuxrc
>
> that flows up with sometimes a different line :
>
> VM : do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd
>
> What is the problem with my embedded PC ? A lack of RAM ?
>
> Is there any parameter to change in pwlconfig ? Maybe "Free space on ramdisk :
> 2000". Do I have to try with less than 2000 ? Anybody have any idea ?

With only 3712 kB, you're definitely not going to want a ramdisk with 2000 kB
free.  Try
changing it to 500 kB.

If that doesn't work you may want to try changing your target to "Read-write
root on a
single partition".  This option will not use any ramdisks -- your root
filesystem will be
on the hard drive, rather than in RAM.

Regards,

Mark