[Peeweelinux] PeeWee for Aranym VM

Mark Meade [email protected]
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:25:13 -0500

Hi Martin,

Peewee Linux is a good choice for easily creating and customizing a bootable floppy.  It
can also be used to install to a hard drive, although it doesn't create "installation
disks".  As outlined in another thread on this list, the easiest way to install to a hard
drive is to physically remove it from your target machine, and temporarily install it in
the development machine.

One of the strengths of Peewee (and why it is 177 MB) is the availability of many
different Linux packages, all optimized to reduce their size on the target.

You don't really need to download the entire 177 MB, as this includes source.  The binary
only packages are about 51 MB.  I believe that thus far, every new release of Peewee does
require downloading of at least the binary packages.

Mark