[Peeweelinux] PeeWee for Aranym VM

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:24:27 +0100

Hello!

May I introduce myself? I am Martin Doering, Maintainer of the EmuTOS
project, a newly written OS for the Atari ST series computers.

http://emutos.sourceforge.net

EmuTOS is thought to be run on Atari emulators. All these emulators need a
host OS for to be used.

I am searching for such an host OS, which is small enough to fit on one
floppy, and what can start the emulator from another floppy. Possibly I
would like to have a chance to install all this on a Harddisk, means create
some kind of installation disks for a very minimal harddisk linux system.
After this, you should not get in contact with the underlying host OS
kernel more, than needed.

Also the creation of this mini linux distribution should be easy and
managable. This is, why I had an eye on PeeWee Linux.

What do you think, would PeeWee linux be a good choice for this special
thing?

And I have another question: Do I really need to download 177 MB, for to
build one 1,44 MB floppy?
If yes, do I have to do this for every release of PeeWee linux?

Thanks in advance!
--
Martin D�ring