[Peeweelinux] Filesystem Issues

Adi Linden [email protected]
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:53:29 -0500 (CDT)

> regarding new versions, Adi is working on a new and improved peewee, so I
> think this version is the last of it's kind (correct me please Adi).

Actually, if you're only using the binary distribution nothing should
change at all.

The source version will be different, though. You should only notice the
differece if you're compiling your own rpms. The PeeWeeLinux we have now,
required a host Linux system with libs that match PeeWeeLinux, essentially
RedHat 6.2. What I plan on doing is a dedicated build environment that you
chroot into to build PeeWeeLinux. This will ensure only the libs actually
included and distributed with PeeWeeLinux will be available. This will
also make rpm spec files easier to maintain since I no longer have to jump
through hops to exclude standard RedHat libs which are not part of
PeeWeeLinux (pam, etc).

So most of the changes to the new and improved PeeWeeLinux will be behind
the scenes.

Now that I have a pretty firm grasp (and many notes) on what and how I
like to do it I just have to get the time to actually make it happen...

Adi