[Peeweelinux] Filesystem Issues

Ricardo Trindade [email protected]
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:03:00 +0100

1) I have that setup. on the partition that peewee leaves empty I make a fs,
include a custom fstab (don't forget to configure the option to modify
system files), it gets mounted on boot. of course if you load the image to
the CF again that partition is lost. I don't find that's a problem, once you
have your distribution stable you probably won't mind that anymore.

1a) the only solution (that I know of) that's good there is a journalling
FS. One of this days I'm going to try ext3 on peewee, but I think you'll
need to upgrade the kernel. I don't think the solution you mentioned
(writing config on powerdown) is "production quality", because it depends on
your hardware, and linux is not a realtime OS... (I can be wrong of course).

3) the custom feature of peewee is very nice, I think it's easy to use. play
with it a little, I think you'll get the touch. check the directories under
your project to understand what it does to files. When I want to change IP,
I mount the CF on the /mnt/flash mountpoint supplied, change the IP or
upgrade the app, unmount and reboot.

regarding new versions, Adi is working on a new and improved peewee, so I
think this version is the last of it's kind (correct me please Adi).

It's a pitty, because a lot of people were getting used to it, but Adi says
it was getting harder to maintain due to redhat dependencies.

good luck
bye