[Peeweelinux] New - II

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

#define PWL PeeWeeLinux

As I said in my last post, I'm relating my experiences as I learn
how to get PWL up and running.  Corrections are welcome and maybe
some of this can be used to improve the documentation.

(Unless PWL is so simple it needs no documentation :)

Installing PeeWeeLinux

(2.1 -- Download)
URL's are fairly fragile; links change often.  Happily,
when you get to the SourceForge page, you only need
to type "peeweelinux" into the search box and you will be
taken right to it.  (In this case SourceForge has changed
the link "filelist.php" to "showfiles.php")

Select "files" and see my previous post for what to download.

(2.2 -- Unpack)

The doc is out of date and has an error besides.  The name of
the distribution changed so it's no longer called "embedded-"
rather it's "peeweelinux-".  Also the doc specifies the same name
for source and binary, but file you want will have "src" or
"bin" in the name.

Use the cd_install script (this is explained in the file INSTALL)
It's the same as untarring the file, but it checks a few extra
things such as a pre-existing package tree, and whether you
have root privileges.

--
I suspect the CHANGELOG file also gives some enlightenment, but I
usually avoid reading that because as a first-time user, I'm

In part III we start running things.

Barry