[Peeweelinux] RE compact flash partitions

Daniel Hennessey [email protected]
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:49:35 -0000

I have considered using syslinux but it feels like a bit of a cop out. Why
use a DOS partition (using up valuable blocks on my cf card) to work around
problems that I don't understand? Seems like a bit of a Micro$haft approach!
Why would a DOS partition behave when others don't? Is it the BIOS
implementation on my mobo? I will persevere with what I am doing at the
moment which is using sfdisk to partition the drive and dd to manipulate the
bootsector. At least I am learning a hell of a lot about partitioning and
bootloading.

By the way, I use the Sandisk USB flash reader/writer to partition the card
'cause I heard there were problems with the cf-ide adaptor.

Cheers y'all.

Dan