[Peeweelinux] Re: Peewee on Rocky 328E

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:39:56 +0100

Hi all,

I don't check yet parameters you give to me in your last mail, Mark. I think I
will have time to do this evening.

But  there is a detail that I don't understand in documentations I have seen :

You write :

If you're using "/dev/fd0" as the target, peewee is trying to install to the
floppy. The
entire target filesystem is created on the HD prior to installation on the
target.

But my aim is to install Peewee on the HD of my embedded PC. I have created the
target filesystem on the HD of my Desk PC with Red Hat (or I think so). And I
only use a floppy as a link between my desk PC HD and my embedded PC HD. Is
there any other way to do ? I could also try to temporarily install my embedded
PC HD on my desk PC as primary slave disk ...

By using a floppy to transfer data, when I choose a target in pwlconfig, this
target is not directly accessible from pwlconfig. Is it possible ? I think that
it is, because I imagine that you may have to use this way to install peewee on
a diskonchip. But this does not appear clearly to me in documentations.

Thank you.

Guillaume PREVOST

"Mark Meade" <[email protected]> on 22/02/2002 17:59:24

Veuillez r�pondre � [email protected]

Pour :    [email protected]
cc :   (ccc : Guillaume Prevost/ALCATEL-SPACE)
Objet :   Re: [Peeweelinux] Re: Peewee on Rocky 328E

Hi Guillaume,

> I did not realy anderstood why it works with /dev/fd0 instead of /mnt/floppy
but
> it works ...

I'm glad that things are working better now.  Keep in mind that /mnt/floppy is
simply an
arbitrary "mount point", but /dev/fd0 is actually the device entry for your
floppy drive.

> Editing inittab sed : can't read .mnt/etc/inittab : Aucun fichier ou
r�pertoire de ce
type

Check to make sure that you have selected "etc/" under Project File System -->
System
Base --> file system, and also "etc/inittab" under initscripts.  You may have
selected
another package (sysvinit, for example) that requires this file.

I might be a good idea to use the default set of options for the "minimal"
project
initially, make sure everything works, and then add or delete packages as
needed.

> Does the process try to install peewee on my HD ? (my floppy driver is noisier
than my
HD driver)

If you're using "/dev/fd0" as the target, peewee is trying to install to the
floppy.  The
entire target filesystem is created on the HD prior to installation on the
target.

Regards,

Mark