[Peeweelinux] compact flash

Adi Linden [email protected]
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:42:01 -0600 (CST)

If it gets the geometry wrong, it will fdisk, format and build the
filesystem just fine, the files are there but the thing won't boot.

The thing is, everything appears normal until you look at the fdisk -l
output and it differs from what it should be. unfortunately there are no
errors generated that would indicate anything is wrong.

I've ran into this problem with Kingston made cards. Sandisk doesn't seem
to have this problem, at least it never occured when I used Sandisk cards.

Adi