Extraction problem...

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hey,
Ok..that is bizarre...I don't have the 0.50 version, I just upgraded to the
V0.51.  I was able to extract all the packages with that version.

So, lets see whats happening here.
First, is it possible to install the rpm manually ?
The RPM command being used is built as follows:

   srcName="dev....rpm"              # filename
   rootDir=".../Embedded_Build/rpm"  # fill your path in here

   rpmOptions="--force  --noscripts --nodeps --notriggers \
               --dbpath /.rpm_db  --ignorearch --ignoreos"

   $RPM -i --root $rootDir $rpmOptions $srcName

Try that script and see if it you can tell what is going wrong.
(The actual extraction occurs in pwl_pkgmgr in function "pkgmgr_rpm_extract")

Another potential point of failure is that some of the "info" stuff associated
with the rpm file may not be what the package manager is expecting.

If you don't find anything wrong here, try the upgrade. Meanwhile, I'll
download this version and see what happens here.
Thanks,
Ralph