Extraction problem...

Michael George [email protected]
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:34:26 -0400

Hi all!

I have a bizarre problem that I'm hoping someone has seen before, or perhaps
might have a workaround.  I have peeweelinux-0.50-bin.tar.gz, and I've
installed it at work and at home.  Both machines are running a basic RHL6.1
system.  The one at work is running just fine.  But I am trying to Extract the
rpm files into the package directory.  When I try to do so, though, the
extraction process gets stuck at the dev*.rpm package.

It doesn't freeze, for I can watch the rpm process consuming time and nearly
100% of the processor, but I just get the "Extracting ... dev...rpm." message.
The additional "." never appear and it just sits there indefinately.

Very strange, indeed!

Has anyone else ever heard of this or seen it?  Is there a way I can work
around it and get the packages all unpacked?

Thanks for any help!

-Michael

--
No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust it
all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one exactly