Neophyte question

Michael George [email protected]
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:23:28 -0400

I am interested in trying out the PeeWeeLinux project.  I got the binary
distribution (0.50), I've read the document (labeled 0.19) which comes with it
and also the BootDisk HOWTO.

I unpacked the archive and I've run (as root) pwlconfig, and it seems to run.
But there's a message printed to stdout or stderr which says:
	....Packages not found

And as I try to follow the quick reference, I can select "Configure Project
File System", but the menu doesn't display any files within the package.  I'm
stopped there.

I tried to poke around the menus a bit, but I got repeated errors on stderr
which said:
	find: ./packages: No such file or directory

Is there something out of sync here?  It looks in the pwlconfig script that it
expects a directory Packages which contains tarballs.  But this package has
all RPM files, and there's no references to RPM files in the pwlconfig script.

Any hints?

-Michael

--
No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust it
all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one exactly