Neophyte question

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
Sorry, so far the most out of sync part is the docs :-O

You first have to convert the RPM files to the tar file packages.
Use the Menu options:
Manage Package Files
Extract All Binary RPM files.

If you download the Source distribution, then you have an extra step:

Manage Package Files
Compile All sources to Binary RPM
Extract All Binary RPM files

(Of course, the program should prompt you for this automagically AND the
docs should describe this too...)

This copies all the RPM files into the packages directory in tar file format.
We use the tar file to allow our scripts to extract individual files.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anything else seems broken.

Later,
Ralph Stickley