[Peeweelinux-devel] Re: DOC Docs

Adi Linden [email protected]
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:16:52 -0600 (CST)

Hi Mark,

I am documenting all the steps I take to create the development
environment. This means it will be possible to actually PeeWeeLinux from
scratch using a bunch of scripts. This would include downloading the
sources from the original sites (I.e. gcc from gnu.org).

I am thinking about a directory structure similar to what's below. This
might seem awkward at first, but it will allow for chroot to /peeweelinux
and building of packages within the chrooted environment. Now it won't
mater any longer what underling Linux distribution is used for
PeeWeeLinux.

When RPMS are build, a <packagename>-devel rpm would be build for the sole
purpose of installing in the chrooted environment. This will make it easy
to link against just the libs that are part of PeeWeeLinux.

Any thoughts on this?

/peeweelinux

  +---- /tools
  |       |
  |       +---- /pwlconfig -  directory containing the pwlconfig scripts
  |       |
  |       +---- /backups   -  directory to store project backups
  |       |
  |       +---- /examples  -  directory to store provided example projects
  |       |
  |       +---- /docs      -  directory for PeeWeeLinux documentation
  |       |
  |       +---- /specs     -  spec files for PeeWeeLinux RPMS
  |       |
  |       +---- /scratch   -  directory containing scripts
  |       |                   to build environment from scratch and
  |       |                   patches necessary for static build tools
  |       |
  |       +---- /lxdialog  -  the lxdialog sources

  +---- /bin

  +---- /dev

  +---- /home

  +---- /lib

  +---- /usr
  |       |
  |       +---- /src
  |       |       |
  |       |       +---- /peeweelinux
  |       |       |       |
  |       |       |       +---- SPECS (symlink to ../../../../tools/specs)
  |       |       |       +----> BUILD, SOURCES, RPMS, SRPMS ...
  |       |       +---- /scratch  - directory for non-rpm sources for
  |       |                         building static tools
  |       |
  |       +----> /bin, /sbin, /share, etc ...

  +---- /etc, /mnt, /sbin, /tmp, etc ...

Regards,