libpthreads OK!

Richard Jennings [email protected]
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:49:23 -0800

Thanks guys.  Installed it and it worked great.

I looked at a copy of Red Hat 6.1 but it is using the 2.2.12 kernel
and PeeWeeLinux 0.51 shipped with 2.2.14. Have you moved up to 6.2?

What do I need to do to compile the sources? The documentation says
that I need Red Hat installed but not much else besides that. Has
anyone patched PWL with RTLinux or RTAI? Do you need a hand with the
documentation or anything? I don't have much spare time but I could
expand on the docs that you have as I'm learning.

I'm currently writing about building embedded systems with LabVIEW
and Linux for Gary W. Johnson and Richard T. Jennings "LabVIEW
Graphical Programming, 3 rd Edition" to be published early next year.
I'm really excited about PeeWeeLinux because you guys made something
hard into something pretty easy. You still need to be knowledgeable
about how Linux works but PWL takes a _lot_ of the work out of
trimming down or building up an embedded system.

We're going to try to show people how easy it is to build an embedded
system using LabVIEW, Linux and VMware.  We plan on shipping one or
more embedded systems with the book as VMware virtual machines that
people can boot up and play with on their own computer. No extra
hardware required! Then we'll point them to www.peeweelinux.com.

What do you think?

Richard