pwlconfig

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:48:18 -0800 (PST)

Adi,
--- Adi Linden <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I hope you can get one of the source forge lists going soon...
> > I noticed that freshmeat recorded 687 hits to your home directory ;-)
>
> You think the sourceforge lists work better than my mailserver?

Not sure about that, it just seems nice to have everything in one
place...nice GUI interface and all for viewing...of course, if it
doesn't work I guess its not so nice :-(

> > Looks good, now we just need about 100 more of these :-) I should be
> > able to parse anything from anywhere in the file, if it is properly
> > delimited with the <name>/END stuff...
>
> Actually... I first I'll write a little script that will generate the
> README file by doing an rpm -qi and catching the output...

Cool...haven't played with rpm much, that should be handy once we
get RPM stuff integrated..."upgrade from rpm" should generate the
new package and upgrade the help screen too!

> I'll need to put a line in there indicating the original name and version,
> I think. Just for reference?

every little bit helps...maybe RPM dumps that out also ??

> > I just noticed that if you put the script in the file, then everything
> > about that package is contained in the _package.README - we could
> > even parse the list file from it to help build the package...hmmmmm...
> > sounds neat to me....
>
> Exactly, everything in one place... I just hope the file won't be too big.

Hmmm...still smaller than downloading the source file :-)

> > Grrr..fighting with IE ...no ftp upload !? ...Grrrrr
>
> I hate the IE ftp. Especially the IE5.0 thing that opens a directory like
> a local folder. It just doesn't agree with me.
>
> Got to go do some work,

Awww...what a way to ruin a good day !

BTW, I started using the bug tracker to post some bugs and new
features for pwlconfig...looks like a nice way to track everything...
Any suggestions or bugs you find, just post them there - once the
list gets big enough, I'll try to get everything fixed for the next
release.

Next is to get the CVS thing working too.

Later,
Ralph