[Peeweelinux] How to compile module for peeweelinux

Leif Steinhour [email protected]
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:20:59 -0800

Two options:

1). You can follow the 2.4 kernel HOWTO (which you can find in the pwl
archives) and build a custom kernel. The newer versions of the 2.4.x
series all have that option included. This will definitely work.

2). You could also try building it using the
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh script to get your
shell setup and using kgcc instead of gcc for the compiler. There have
been a fair amount of previous posts on running pee wee on RH 7.1 & 7.2
that you should refer to if you want to go this route. You would then have
to make install_modules and tell it where you want them and then copy them
to the /lib/modules/{kernel_version} directory of the target device. What
I don't know is whether or not the kernel needs to have compiled-in
information regarding modules available or whether it's okay to build them
externally and use insmod.