[Peeweelinux] newbies question .list files empty and tar's contain all 0

Hartwig Harder [email protected]
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:18:45 +0200

Hi all,

I just installed PeeWee on RedHat 9 and followed the quick reference to
setup a sample project. This failed as the created files system was empty.
So I checked the .list files, which were generated at the beginning and
they are all empty. The tar files have the same length and they contain
0's.
I guessed that perhaps my rpm is not working correctly (empty list files
come from corrupted tar file coming from broken rpm ?) but a rpm -q -l
-p on a given file listed correctly content of the rpm archive.
What am I'm doing wrong ?
Is it a problem that the underlying development system is RH 9 and the
rpm's in the PeeWee distribution are not corresponding to the installed
ones ?
I got the same results with Suse 8.1 and hoped that RH 9 will work but
apparently I make always the same stupid mistake.

Thanks a lot for any advice !!

Cheers,

Hartwig