[Peeweelinux] rc.pcmcia fails

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

I "grepped grep" and found this, on a RH7.3 system.

  Fgrep is the same as grep -F.

  -F, --fixed-strings
         Interpret PATTERN as a list of fixed strings, sepa-
         rated  by  newlines, any of which is to be matched.
         -P, --perl-regexp Interpret PATTERN as a Perl regu-
         lar expression.

I'd be surprised if these were "just added" but the man page does
say Jan 2002, so it could be.

Here is another trick for strange messages from scripts:

  sh -x pcmcia

will echo everything going in and out of the script so you can
see the command that caused the 'Syntax error: Bad substitution'
error.

Barry