[Peeweelinux] Re: Peewee on Rocky 328E

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:09:47 +0100

Hi everybody,

Thank you Mark for your last e-mail.

Here is the result of my recent peewee installation test on my embedded PC board
Rocky 328E.

I install the IDE HD (as slave) of the embedded PC on my desk PC (Pentium II 350
Mhz, 384 MB RAM), with Red Hat and pwlconfig .

With pwlconfig : copy/paste of the "minimal" project to my project : minitest

I only change those parameters :

Target : uncompressed ramdisk, boot from ext2 partition
Target device : "/dev/hdb"
boot device on target system : "/dev/hda"

Then, I try to install peewee on my DESK PC : I remove the master HD of my desk
PC, and I replace it with the HD of my embedded PC as primary master. And ... it
works ! Great ! Peewee ask me for a loggin and a password. But I do not know
what to enter :-( Thus, I can not log on... (What is the default logon and pwd
?)

Then I move the embedded PC HD (still as primary master) from my desk PC to my
embedded PC (386, 3712 kB RAM). And it does not come up :-(

The embedded PC seems to boot normally :

Lilo boot
.
.
until
.
.
Ramdisk compressed image found at block 0
VFS mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
Copying system file from /dev/hda2 to /dev/ram2 ...

And then starts the nightmare : an endless loop of :

VM : do_try_to_free_pages failed for linuxrc

that flows up with sometimes a different line :

VM : do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd

What is the problem with my embedded PC ? A lack of RAM ?

Is there any parameter to change in pwlconfig ? Maybe "Free space on ramdisk :
2000". Do I have to try with less than 2000 ? Anybody have any idea ?

Thank you

Guillaume PREVOST