[Peeweelinux] perl program on peewee.

Jonathan E. Paton [email protected]
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:18:44 +0100 (BST)

 --- "Ken Emmons, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would also like to upgrade my glibc and also add GTK
> libs to my custom peewee. If I do this, will I have to
> rebuild all the packages in peewee by hand, or is glibc
> backwards compatable??

Rebuild a system from sources if you upgrade glibc, just
about EVERYTHING uses it - and the build choices software
makes changes depending on versions etc.  Most likely,
they will only run with the exact version they were
compiled against.  If the kernel is the "engine" of a Linux
system, then glibc is the nuts and bolts that hold the
chasis together!

Adding libs is less drastic, compile & install.

If you are doing a lot of stuff, why not try:

   www.linuxfromscratch.org

which is exactly what it says on the tin - namely building
a Linux system from sources.  You can go as new as you like,
and because they explain what (just about) everything is for,
you can decide whether you need it in the final installation.
[much of it is compiler related stuff].  Of course, substitue
Busybox for most of the tools they use.

Jonathan Paton

=====
s''! v+v+v+v+  J r e P    h+h+h+h+ !s`\x21`~`g,s`^ . | ~.*``mg,$v=q.
 P ! v-v-v-v-  u l r e r  h-h-h-   !12.,@.=m`.`g;do{$.=$2.$1,$.=~s`h
 E !   v+v+v+  s     k e  h+h+     !`2`x,$.=~s`v`31`,print$.[$v+=$.]
 R !     v-v-  t H a c h  h-       !}while/([hv])([+-])/g;print"\xA"
 L !             A n o t           !';$..=$1while/([^!]*)$/mg;eval$.