[Peeweelinux] selecting a compact flash reader

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:43:53 +1000

Hi All,

I am currently working on a project which uses an IDE-->Compact Flash
converter on the main board to treat the compact flash as /dev/hdc.
Techs in the field will need to update both to and from this device using a
USB compact flash reader, which can be attached as required.

I have been using a Sandisk ImageMate SDDR-05 reader during development
which is occasionally flaky. (Could be the way I have it running that is
flaky :)

Having made a short story longer than it needs to be, has anyone any
experience using USB compact flash readers ?
Can anyone recommend a robust one to run under a 2.4 kernel ?

All suggestions appreciated,

Kind regards,

Delaney.

This email message (and attachments) may contain information
that is confidential to Jupiters Technology. If you are not the
intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return
email immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message and attachments that do not relate to the official business
of Jupiters Technology are neither given nor endorsed by it.