[Peeweelinux] New - III

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

I found it already.

I realized that this did not occur on the second installation. I
was too busy with my notes from the previous try, to notice.  So
I will have to change my writeup, because the second comment
about "pwlconfig will automatically build some stuff of its own"
was in fact, lxdialog being built.

The difference was this:  When I first started out, I was trying
not to be root.   Everyone advises me to stay out of root as
much as possible.  Problem is, everything I'm interested in
doing requires root privileges!

As for the script, it apparently looks for lxdialog to be built
before it checks to see if you are root.   So a non-root user
will get the error and the build instructions as I did.

Barry