[Peeweelinux] adduser and azerty keyboard

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:05:52 +0200

--0__=6H9EwqOfTnARkUOCY9F3JcdFFC2fXC575IvdwCXFmTpR8JTyzlW8unB9

Hi,

Thank you for those information.

Mmmh, ok, I stop trying to add a new user. I've recently discovered Lin=
ux, and
it was one of the first things I've learned :-)

But I still have a problem with my azerty keyboard. It's not easy to le=
arn
peewee when you have to find each key ...

Here is what I've tried to do to change my keyboard config to a latin 1=
 "azerty"
:

>From a copy of a "minimal" config :

Create Custom kernel package
Configure the kernel (menu config)
Filesystems
Native langage support
Default NLS option : latin 1 NLS ISO 8859-1

Extract file system for project

Load filesystem onto target ......

Then Peewee works fine, but still with a qwerty keyboard :-(

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard configuration ? Do French-s=
peaking
Canadians use "American" qwerty keyboards or "French" azerty ones ? :-)=

Thank you.

Guillaume PREVOST

"Mark Meade" <[email protected]> on 29/03/2002 16:55:29

Veuillez r=E9pondre =E0 [email protected]

Pour :    [email protected]
cc :   (ccc : Guillaume Prevost/ALCATEL-SPACE)
Objet :   Re: [Peeweelinux] adduser

=

Guillaume PREVOST wrote:

> Does a way exist to add a new user in a minimal Peewee ?

I wasn't able to find "useradd" or "adduser" anywhere in Peewee.  I would think
that it
wouldn't be necessary in most embedded systems to add users; maybe this is why
it's not
included.

I suppose you could grab the useradd program from a RH6.2 box, and include it in
your
custom files.  It is about 50k in size, so it might fit on your minimal target.

The other option would be to manually modify relevant user files (/etc/passwd,
/etc/group,
...), and include these as custom files.

Mark