Help - bash & script errors

Adi Linden [email protected]
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:52:13 -0600 (CST)

Hi Robert,

We're getting closer. If I run the pwl_target_load script through the
stock bash (bash-1.14.7) on my RedHat system I get:

    [root@big scripts]# bash -x pwl_target_load
    + [ -f /etc/bashrc ]
    + . /etc/bashrc
    ++ [  ]

Now the same using bash2 (bash2-2.03) I just installed:

    [root@big scripts]# bash2 -x pwl_target_load
    + '[' -f /etc/bashrc ']'
    + . /etc/bashrc
    pwl_target_load: line 1656: syntax error: unexpected end of file

This meand the pwl_target_load and pwl_target_functions scripts do not
work with bash-2.x versions.

I will look fixing this shortly. Alternately you could try installing
bash-1.14 for now.

TTYL,
Adi