X11-Package works!

Ralph Stickley [email protected]
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:27:54 -0800 (PST)

Hey,

Just to let you know, I have updated the scripts/package program
to build a package from any directory.  I built the X11 package
using this, but it is 12MB+. Here's what I did (from Embedded_Build
directory)

mkdir sources
mkdir sources/X11
mkdir sources/X11/etc/X11
mkdir sources/X11/lib
mkdir sources/X11/dev
mkdir sources/X11/usr

Then I copied all the X files I had working on my flash disk into
this directory structure.

./scripts/package sources/X11

Created the packages/X11.tar and packages/X11.list.  I think another
command line option would be to specify a name seperate from the directory.

ie. (not yet:) ./scripts/package sources/X11 X11-3.3.5.tar

or I should just rename my X11 directory..not sure there.

ANyhow, my new package works!  Now its on to building an fvwm package.

Later,
Ralph

Upgrades attached...will be include with next pwlconfig release too:-)

At this point we are desperately needing CVS going!!! I wish my linux
box could get on the network (I think I need to wear socks or something ?)