[Peeweelinux] Glibc linked binary

[email protected] [email protected]
20 May 2004 14:31:19 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for your reply on the ramdisk thread Troy, it worked a treat :)

Well I have found that the flash 5 plugin that macromedia have provides does not work in that it cannot provide XML sockets ( a crucial feature ).

I have upgraded to using Opera 6.12 which supports the flash 6 plugin.

However, the flash 6 plugin needs glibc 2.2.x and peewee only has 2.1.3! EEK.

I found this thread that has some suggestions but no responses : http://mail.adis.on.ca/pipermail/peeweelinux/2003-January/000907.html

Is there a way of fudging the library dependencies of the macromedia released plugin so that it will work?

If not what is the best way of handling upgrading glibc because it seems like a mammoth job and I don't really know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Ashley Rolleston
Software Engineer
ashley AT smartsw DOT co DOT uk