[Peeweelinux] Couldn't find valid ramdisk image

Ashley Rolleston [email protected]
Tue, 4 May 2004 15:08:32 +0100

Hi,

I have been having a problem with my peewee project. I have added many new
custom files and packages to this project.

Where normally during boot I would get a 'Compressed RAMDISK image found at
block 0' I now get 'RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at
0' followed by a Kernel Panic due to not being able to mount the root file
system.

This happens when my RAMDISK image reaches a certain size I believe (i can
stop it happening by removing packages, and start it happening by adding
ones).

I am using a 128mb compact flash card and I am nowhere near that limit.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem in the peewee installer? Or
has anyone else had this problem and knows of a fix?

On another note, I am adding an ftp server to my system. What is the best
way of creating a partition on my compact flash card that will be
*persistant* for files that users upload using the ftp server?

Cheers

Ashley Rolleston
Software Engineer
[email protected]