[Peeweelinux] Upgrading XFree86 in peewee

Ashley Rolleston [email protected]
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:06:14 -0000

I think maybe I should elaborate slightly as my last post seems quite
vague... Sorry for the double post.

I am familiar with peeweelinux and the stock XFree86 that is supplied 'Out
of the Box'. I have had these working with previous versions of hardware.
Now I am using new embedded hardware (the vortex-6047 www.vortex86.com)
which uses a SiS550 chip and need to upgrade XFree86 to get the drivers
working.

Specifically I am not sure about the best way to install the Xfree86
glibc2.1 precompiled binaries that I have with the peeweelinux setup? Should
I use a method similar to creating a custom_kernel package? If so are there
any issues disabling the supplied XFree86?

Thanks, again

Ashley Rolleston

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have experience with upgrading the XFree86 package that comes
> with peewee? I would like to upgrade it to 4.3.0. I have already upgraded
my
> kernel to 2.4.18. What are the main steps towards accomplishing the
XFree86