[Peeweelinux] Project: Linux powered picture frame. PWL a good match?

Brian Andrus [email protected]
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:30:10 -0800

Well, my 2 cents ...

I tried to get pwl to work as a similar platform and eventually gave up. I
ended up doing a fresh install of RH 9 and stripping it back. I need to
strip more or figure out pwl better, but for now it works.

The pros:

It is quick and relatively simple to do
Easy to replicate if you need to start all over
I have it all fitting on a 128 mb CF card (I have perl, apache and a few
other RPMs installed too, you can probably fit it on a smaller one)

The cons:
You need at least 500 MB to do a minimal install from the RH 9 CDs.
There are a lot of superfluous programs and files installed.

What I did was to install everything to a 512 mb CF, strip it down and then
cp everything to a smaller CF, run lilo on it and swap it out.

All The Best,

Brian Andrus
Millenia Internet Services, Inc.