[Peeweelinux] about autologin again

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:18:23 -0500

I've created an example project that Autoboots, and also fires up a generic X windows for any machine.

It sounds like you are happy with the minimal setup, so all you need is how to autologin.

Basically, you need to add these two lines to your inittab file:

#Runlevel 4 is for auto login user.
#It can also be used to start X if "startx" is put in ~/.bashrc
id:4:initdefault:

#if in runlevel 4 change to autologin user
1:4:respawn:su -l autologin

Put any startup stuff in the "autologin" users bashrc.

Hope this helps...
~Ken